We are helping a fast growing online retail business hire a Digital Product Manager for a 12 month contract. The role is based remotely, with some travel to offices in Dublin and Cork (or it can be based from there). More details are below↓
What the role is about:
Working closely with digital product managers, UX managers, the e-Commerce team, IT, Finance and other cross-functional teams, the responsibilities of this role will include:
· Maintain a detailed project plan with the cross-functional leads to ensure that the team delivers on the goals of the Seamless Shopping programme of work, involving all relevant stakeholders, ensuring technical feasibility and monitoring and tracking progress.
· Ensure resource availability and allocation
· Ensure that the programme of work is delivered on time, within the scope and within budget
· Provide support to digital product managers in the development of detailed plans for new phases of work including business case modelling, input into validations and then performance versus business case monitoring.
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
· Measure and track project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Contribute information and recommendations to overall business strategic plans and reviews
· Work with full cross-functional teams (particularly the IT, Trading and Sales departments), 3rd Party vendors and with our retail partners in a collaborative manner to optimise our ways of working and maximise outcomes
· Meet budgetary financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
· Be responsible for the programme meetings, from agenda-setting through to actions and follows ups
· Undertake regular engagement with Management Team to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned with the direction & project plans
Experience, Skills & Education:
The ideal candidate:
· Must have a proven track record of successful delivery of complex commercial projects.
· Excellent leadership and influencing skills and experience in leading a diverse cross-functional team to successfully deliver on a clearly articulated vision.
· Numeracy and excel competency.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Will possess proven analytical skills and excellent planning and organising skills.
· Experience in contract drafting for vendor agreements.
· Ideally will have experience in a senior role in a retail / FMCG environment with a track record of developing and delivering a commercial strategy and strong results.
· Must have knowledge of the Irish / UK grocery market.